Blurb

My photo
Once upon a time bla bla whooo. The end.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Great Big Fish


The new day is a great big fish

Thank you, Terry Pratchett. Thank you, various humorous writers who make reading funny as heck, who make stories that make you pause and sit in silence and then laugh so hard when you remember a silly line. Thank you for the quotes, too, that make you think and in some obscure way give you motivation because they are just so catchy (and meaningful).

This won’t be a post about amazing writers so here goes:

The new day is a great big fish. It is some sort of proverb of the fictional land of Borogravia in the fictional land of Discworld born of the mind of the very real Terry Pratchett, that means something like the new day is full of opportunity. At this time of my life, I think it’s true. What will happen when I reach another ‘low point’ in life I won’t speculate, but right now not everything is fine and dandy, but a whole lot of it seem to have some shine at the end, so I’ll keep on working and looking and when you’re busy you’re usually not wont to despair at every little unfine bit. 

Not to say that I’m not happy. I’d rather be contented than be happy, because everyone’s got to come down sooner or later from the high. I am, for the lack of better words, at peace.
This is something to bump down that rather depressing stuff I posted last year, so, that’s it. I’ll sum it up with that emoticon thing that seems to me a little hopeful, a little peaceful, perhaps a little pained and a little well-meaning and very clueless:

: )

No comments:

Post a Comment