Blurb

My photo
Once upon a time bla bla whooo. The end.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

So, writing

So, writing. Apparently I am a good writer. I am tempted to take creative writing and see how well my 'creativity' and 'writing' holds up in an academic setting, since I've never won any story-writing competitions except the ones you have in school. For marks. In the span of one hour and a half. During exams. Hur hur.

Apparently I am not doing well in expository writing because I don't answer the question. But insert course seems to only want specific things which I cannot seem to provide, either because I gloss over them or I don't see the point. But that's the problem, isn't it? I can't see it in my own perspective. I suppose I shouldn't spend so much energy and time trying to please insert course because it's not a problem that can be solved by reviewing grammar or changing my writing style. But it's such a waste, isn't it? To do terribly because of how you think. Maybe this time I'll do something predictable, and maybe that will work.

Why does it even matter?

After a moment of thought, I found out that I place my ability to put my leg behind my head higher than my expository writing skills. And my extensive bibliography of Diana Wynne Jones books higher than those meaningful prize-winning, cathartic books that I've read. DWJ's books are brilliant, by the way, because you might end up hating everyone, for good reason.

Oh how priorities have changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment